cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

snmp and access list

ROMAN TOMASEK
Level 1
Level 1

Can I configure access -list via snmp? Can I add line of the same access-list via snmp? For example: I have:

access-list 10 permit 10.0.0.0 0.255.255.255

now I want to add this line via snmp to the access-list:

access-list 10 permit 20.0.0.0 0.255.255.255

Can I change order of lines in access-list via snmp?

Thaks for your help

3 Replies 3

kanwaljeet
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

You can configure SNMP access-list on your router so that no unauthorised person will be able to see your router config using SNMP tools even if he/she knew the SNMP community defined on your router.

Below is a small example :

access-list 10 permit 202.131.156.0 0.0.0.255

snmp-server community public read-only 10

snmp-server community private read-write 10

I hope this answers your query.

Thanks

kanwaljeet

Thanks I know it. But my question was about configure access list by way of snmp. Can I give the command "access-list" and the snmp brings this command on the router? Can I give some new line of the same access-list on the router by means of snmp?

Thanks.

From the Ciscoworks perspective, remember that it´s based on the IOS intelligence.

Since IOS doesn´t support incremental config changes, you just can´t throw a command line and have your ACL updated, but you can use CW tools like config editor, net config, or ACL manager, that will retrieve your running ACL statements so that you can resubmit your entire updates ACL set.

I hope this answers your question.

Patricio.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: