cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SNMP Environmentals

j.skinner
Level 1
Level 1

Where can I get the exact MIBS to track environmentals (mainly pwr and temp )for 7200, 3600, and 7500?

4 Replies 4

jimmieharden
Level 1
Level 1

A mib browser is a good tool to have. Good luck.

jimmie

http://www.cisco.com/public/swcenter/netmgmt/cmtk/mibs.shtml

Thanks, but I am new to using SNMP and dont really know how to decode Cisco's MIBS. I am needing the exact MIBS

cgagliar
Level 1
Level 1

The MIB you need is CISCO-ENVMON-MIB.my This mib is dependant on the following: CISCO-SMI.my, SNMPv2-SMI.my, SNMPv2-TC.my, and SNMPv2-CONF.my I found all of these at ftp://ftp.cisco.com/pub/mibs/v2 The SNMP version 1 mibs are available under the pub/mibs/v1 directory as well. You may need the v1 mibs depending on what application you are going to compile these into. The OID for the environmental mib is 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.13 The trap notifications are also defined in this MIB so your management station can interpret the messages sent when power or temperature conditions occur on your routers.

Good Luck

jegrimm
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

If I may suggest, get the Cisco Press, Performance and Fault Management publication. It dicusses what snmp is/how to read mibs/and some basic mibs to use when monitoring stuff...Look at chapter 10.

jim