Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

SNMP on VLAN's

I could really use some help on this one... I need to know how to configure SNMP on VLAN's, the host on these VLAN's also happen to be nated. From the bottom up here is the layout of the infrastructure; (2) 6509's w/mfsc cards& (2) 48 port blades all host hang from them. The 6509's are then connected to Nokia IP440's, each 6509 connects to it's own IP440 which is doing the NAT translation. The Nokias then connect to a distribution switch a Cisco 3512 which is in turn connected to the border routers (2) 7200's. Everything below the Nokia's is on a 10.x.x.x address space. The SNMP server sits above the Nokias on the distribution switch with a valid outside IP address. All routing is in place and everything works the way it should. My only problem is that I can not get any SNMP traffic from the VLAN's on the 6509's. I would greatly apreciate any and all help. Thanks in advance

1 REPLY
Blue

Re: SNMP on VLAN's

You configure SNMP on the device (switch) and not on the VLAN. If you want to monitor traffic thru your VLANS, you can use a probe or NAM and then span your VLAN to the NAM and then use nGenius RTM to collect the data.

Views
Helpful
Replies