Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Webcast-Catalyst9k

SNMP problem on the router?

I hate to even ask this but I am stumped. I have about 100 routers of various types (1600, 1700, 2500, 2600) that are not responding to snmp (the other 1000 or so work well). I have ascertained that the snmp community strings on the routers are ok. I can do an snmpwalk from the RME server to the device and see the entire device.

However, I cannot get CiscoWorks to see these devices using snmp. If I do management station to device, I get the telnet correctly, but snmp shows all interfaces down. At this point on the router using "debug snmp packets" I can see the CiscoWorks server sending a udp packet to the device. But, in the "sho snmp" I get unknown community name incrementing.

I have deleted the devices, restarted the server, cleared caches, and believe the problem to be related to the router because snmpwalk works and you can see the packets being received on the router.

Anyone seen this before?

Thanks

pat

1 REPLY
Blue

Re: SNMP problem on the router?

Get a Sniffer trace to see exactly what's going on. OR can also use the 'JET: Packet Capture Tool for CiscoWorks 2000 CD One' from:

http://sourceforge.net/docman/display_doc.php?docid=13843&group_id=25401 to do the same.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content