Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

snmpwalk and CallManager

Trying to put together some software to report on utilization of servers for a customer that does not want ITEM. The problem I am running into is that I do not seem to be able to get the Call Manager server running 3.2.2c to respond to snmp mib walk. I have checked the community strings for readonly and that is OK.

Any thoughts?

8 Replies 8

ahajivandi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Where do you run snmpwalk (e.g. HP-OV,..)?

You may have SNMPv mismatch!(?)

- tested Call manager 3.2 (runs SNMP v1 agent) with HP-OV NNM6.x (works fine).

Regards,

Aryan

I have used a freeware snmpwalk software and the demo version of MG-Soft Mib Browser on my Windows XP laptop. MIBBrowser olny does v1 in the demo and the snmpwalk does either v1 or 2c or 3 (but I did not try 3). The software works because I can mibwalk another server that is running CiscoWorks in my lab. I checked the community strings by looking at the SNMP services.

rmushtaq
Level 8
Level 8

Is the SNMP Service Running on the CallManager and the strings correct?. Can you poll the CCM via any CLI snmpwalk tools?

I have used a freeware snmpwalk software and the demo version of MG-Soft Mib Browser on my Windows XP laptop. MIBBrowser olny does v1 in the demo and the snmpwalk does either v1 or 2c or 3 (but I did not try 3). The software works because I can mibwalk another server that is running CiscoWorks in my lab. I checked the community strings by looking at the SNMP services.

What is the output that you get while doing the snmpwalk? Does it come back with error or says 'End of MIB'?. Also, what MIB object are you trying to poll?

It says : Timeout: No Response from 172.16.101.10

yet I can ping it all day long.

Thanks for your help. This is a puzzler. And I have also done this from the same subnet so the router is not stopping it.

What object are you polling?. Is there a way to increase the timeout for the snmp polls?

snmpwalk starts at the "top" of the mibII structure and walks down the structure by default and that is what I was doing. Interestingly enough, if I put the application on to the Call Manager, it works. How odd. snmp v2 is the default.