cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Solution for bundling leased lines

akostovski
Level 1
Level 1

I need to connect > 20 remote offices using 64K leased lines to the Central office. I don't want to use separate port for each connection. I want to bundle them to one E1 line.

Is it possible, what technology: interfaces and protocols should I use at Central side?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Here is a link to one of the cards you could use in a 26/36/3700 series routers.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/hw/modules/ps2797/products_data_sheet09186a0080189f95.html

If you'd rather go with a 7200 series, you can go with one of the PA-MC adapters, such as the PA-MC-2E1 or PA-MC-8E1...

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Craig Norborg
Level 4
Level 4

To me this is screaming "Frame-Relay", or if you want to get fancy, MPLS - but Frame would probably be more affordable...

Of course with that small amount of data, you could probably go with a Internet based VPN solution also and even with the higher initial costs, recover them fairly quickly...

As far as what hardware to use, it should be fairly basic. Any cisco router with the appropriate serial interfaces to support the frame should work quite nicely...

It would be very nice and simple but my TELCO offers FR in much higher price than leased lines or IP-VPN. IP-VPN is a recomanded solution but I would prefer to have a complet control.

I have influence in my TELCO and they would provide me this nx64K bundeling. I just need to know which is the best solution for leased line bundeling. Is it TDM or it's posible to simply use nxDSO in E1. Which interfaces and router...

Thanks,

Hello,

What you need is:

*A multiplexer to bundle all your leased line in a E1.

*a router with a channelized E1 port where you connect your E1.

*on the router, you can configure at the controller level the map between the channel-groups and the timeslots.

hope this helps but it is definetely possible.

Regards, Laurent

Thanks Laurent,

I thought it might be posible with chanalised E1, but all I have found till now was multichanel E1 used in 7xxx.

Could you give me any link to a doc that use this solution. PLS

Regards

Here is a link to one of the cards you could use in a 26/36/3700 series routers.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/hw/modules/ps2797/products_data_sheet09186a0080189f95.html

If you'd rather go with a 7200 series, you can go with one of the PA-MC adapters, such as the PA-MC-2E1 or PA-MC-8E1...