Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Solution Verifcation

Hi,

I have the following scenario:

siteARouter-----SPRouter1=====SPRouterZ-----partnerRouter

SiteARouter to SPRouter1 is direct leased circuit

partnerRouter to SPRouterZ is direct leased circuit

Between SPRouter1 and SPRouterZ is a IP service cloud where the local telco offers and use MPLS within.

SiteA can connect to multi sites through the IP service.

partnerRouter can also connect to multi sites through the IP service

I have to use static route between SiteA and partner

Questions:

If link between SPRouterZ and partnerRouter goes down, SiteARouter does not know.

Vice Versa for partnerRouter also if link between SPRouter1 and SiteARouter goes down.

Can anyone tell me whether I can have a ISDN Backup direct between SiteARouter and partnerRouter, will it overcome the one end failure condition?

Note: partner can only accept call.

considering:

When Site A link does down, it call the ISDN to partner. Will partner router return traffic thru both leased and ISDN? The leased line of partner cannot be brought down when ISDN to SiteA is up because it use the leased line to multi sites also.

When partner link goes down, it cannot initate call, but SiteA leased did not goes down.

Anyone, please advice.

1 REPLY

Re: Solution Verifcation

Hi.

Can't you use dynamic routing instead? Otherwise the solutions like backup-interface and/or dialer-watch would only work if your link and your partner link failed at the same time.

Example: if you use dialer-watch at your site to monitor some network at your partner site and the primary link to that network is through SPRouter1 (the router knows this because you have a static route) and your link goes down the ISDN backup would come up, but your partner would still send traffic to you via the link to SPRouterZ because it has a static route and its link is still up. If your partner's link goes down, and he is also using dialer-watch or backup interface it will work, otherwise I don't see how!

Hope this helps.

NM

Views
Helpful
Replies