Helpful
Replies

some problems when i use modem to dial in 2620 nm-8am module

yongjunh
Level 1
Level 1

In my network use 2620 nm-8am module service as remote user dial in,

my private ip address 10.12.82/24 ,the local dialin ip address pool between

10.12.82.50 to 10.12.82.57,all the process working correctly but the ip mask for remote were set to 255.0.0.0 .

how can i configure 2620 to set the mask to 255.255.255.0

thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

makchitale
Level 6
Level 6

In the ipcp negotations we do not exchange netmask. From the routers prespective it's always a /32 netmask for a dialup user..

The netmask as seen on the client will vary with the OS on the client.

Some would show a classful netmask and some a /32 netmask, the default gateway will be the ip address the client received (self ip address).

Thanks, Mak.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

makchitale
Level 6
Level 6

In the ipcp negotations we do not exchange netmask. From the routers prespective it's always a /32 netmask for a dialup user..

The netmask as seen on the client will vary with the OS on the client.

Some would show a classful netmask and some a /32 netmask, the default gateway will be the ip address the client received (self ip address).

Thanks, Mak.

thanks mak

Now i know the problems

But if i can't change the network layout ,how can i config the 2620 or the clients to make the client can access the resources int network 10.12.82.0/24

thanks

What problems are you running into? The 2620 in it's routing table should have information of all connected networks / remote networks (if running routing protocols) so should be able to route the packets correctly.

Thanks, Mak.

You can configure the PC's (Or devices) on the ethernet network with the default gateway as the ip address of the ethernet interface of 2620. So that way

internal LAN pc's can reach to the dialin users via router back and forth.