cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Webcast-Catalyst9k

Sometimes high delay with traffic-shaping

Hi there,

I use C1600 with IOS 12 0 7 T. Sometimes the round trip delay is five times higher than normal.

To fix this problem, I use 'no frame-relay traffic-shaping' / ' frame-relay traffic-shaping' on the seral interface.

I don't found any known bug.

Does anybody know a better, more permanent solution without upgrade the memory?

Thanx

Michael

1 REPLY

Re: Sometimes high delay with traffic-shaping

From your question, I understand that your round trip delay is sometimes more and you are trying to solve it by enabling or disabling traffic-shaping. You can first try to see if the delay is more, without traffic-shaping. If that is the case, it could be because of the link bandwidth or traffic rate which could cause congestion and packets wait a long time in the queue. You can try to find out the reason for congestion and then solve the problem by using some queuing techniques.

If the delay is visible only after enabling Traffic-shaping, then it could be because of shaping. Traffic shaping causes delay as it basically delays packets by transmitting at a certain average rate defined by the shaping parameters. Depending on your contracted rate, you can set the shaping parameters accordingly to reduce the delay to some extent. You can look at the following URL to configure QoS

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios121/121cgcr/qos_c/index.htm

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content