cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Source address based route specification

rsommer
Level 1
Level 1

That title may mean nothing..so let me explain - I'm sure this is an easy one for the majority of people out there.

I have two firewalls going out to the internet. The router has the default route set to one of the firewalls right now. I'd like to be able to change that a bit by looking at the source IP address of the packet - then based on that source - forward to one of the specified routers. The source could be either specific PC's or entire subnets.

I know this is a simple one using access-lists - but I couldn't think of (or find) how to tie access-lists into static routes.

Appreciate any and all replies.

R

2 Replies 2

tomredmond
Level 1
Level 1

You can do this with policy routing the config guide is given on the link below which also includes an example for a next hop address based on the source address (specific or subnet)

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps1831/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a00800c60d2.html#27277

hope this helps

Tom

Bingo! Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: