fujin.huang
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, merry Christmas !

I would like to ask fot the following command on the token ring intface:

source-bridge ring-group 100

interface token1

source-bridge 10 1 100

1. If this token ring interface is connected to a token ring switch, do I have to configure the TrCRF as 10? or i can configure as whatever I want?

2. If this token ring interface is connected to a MAU, how do I define the ring number as 10?

Thank you a lot.

Fujin

4 Replies 4

logiczmike
Level 1
Level 1

Fujin,

1)Looking at your configuration, you are using 100 as your TrCRF...what is the third line of source-bridge---source-bridge 10 1 100?....I'm a little lost in this set up...this is the way I see it:

source-bridge "vlanid" ring-group "ringnum"

interface token1

2)Connecting to a MAU you do not have to specify the TrCRF number. All configurations are done to the switch connecting to the MAU port.

Thank you for the reply, here is my doubt:

1. source-bridge 10 1 100 <-- 10 is the source ring number, 1 is bridge number, 100 is target ring number defined by "source-bridge ring-group", this interface token1 is connected to a switch port which belongs to TrCRF 10, is this the correct configuration?

2. What if the MAU is not connected to a switch port, it connects to two token ring interface of routers?

Thank you.

1) Yes this is the correct configurtion. Also add: source-bridge spanning

2) Does the MAU have a RI and RO ports on it?

1)Thanks

2) No, don't have.

3) What if it has the RI and RO ports?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: