Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

SPAN ports.

Hi all,

I have basic question to SPAN

conf. When I conf. local SPAN, my destination port(on this port I have analyzer) disconnects. After that, DHCP doesnt function. So where I do error?

conf is....monitor session 1 source interface FastEthernet0/1

and

monitor session 1 destination FastEthernet 0/2

RG

jl

3 REPLIES

Re: SPAN ports.

When you configure SPAN, the destination port no longer passes traffic. Instead it mirrors the traffic from the source address. DHCP requests / responses will no longer pass through this port.

Hope this helps

Martin

I addition to the post by Martin, You can use the ingress feature to enable the traffic on the destination port.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/lan/cat2950/12122ea7/scg/swspan.htm#wp1218090

HTH,Please rate if it does.

-amit singh

Do you know why I can connect to a SPAN destination port to remote control my portable running sniffer software if I enable ingress forwarding for that monitor session destination port?

This only works with a NIC with enahnced drivers I got from the Sniffer software developers Network General. If I have a portable otherwise connected to the destination port even with ingress enabled I can't connect to it.

Views
Helpful
Replies