Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

spanning-tree vlan 1002-1005

Hi,

I have noticed that two of my switches has "spanning-tree vlan 1002-1005" in my running configuration. Since we are not using those vlans, I was thinking of removing it from our running configuration by doing "no spanning-tree vlan 1002-1005". Is that possible? Would there be any issues should I remove it?

2 REPLIES

Re: spanning-tree vlan 1002-1005

Hi

I feel you have configured STP on per vlan basis.

if ur well sure about the non usage of the same you can very well no spanning-tree vlan vlan_id (vlan_id which is 1002-1005)..

but before doing that i would suggest to have a cross chek done in all ur switches where you mite have a chance of having these vlans alive..

regds

Re: spanning-tree vlan 1002-1005

VLANs 1002-1005 are special default VLANs for Token Ring and FDDI. If you do not have those tachnologies, then you are probably not using those VLANs. Do the VLANs exist in the VTPS domain? If not, you should be able to get rid of them altogether.

When you do a "show vlan 1002" on those switches, do you see any active ports? NOte that some switches allow you to clear these VLANs from a trunk, and some do not.

Kevin Dorrell

Luxembourg

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content