cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Specific free Space in Flash on 6509

Anand Narayana
Level 6
Level 6

is there any specific free space should be left in the Flash on 6509?

because 6509 has got 128DRAM 32MB Flash.

assume that only 2MB of free space is avaliable in flash, will that affect anything? according to me, i was assumed that only in DRAM free space is necessary. am i right? if so please correct me

4 Replies 4

Roberto Salazar
Level 8
Level 8

no, there is no specific free size for on-board flash or bootflash, just make sure there is enough space that will accomodate what ever file you are tyring to put in there. What are the complications if there is not enough space to put in the files you need to put in there? The complications are you will not be able to put the files in, not enough space. It's a storage space.

thanks bosalaza,

also register of my 6509(running CatOS) is "Configuration register is 0x2" is it fine or it should be 0x2102? will there be any probs while rebooting the switch?

use the following CONFIG REGISTER CALCULATOR to determine what your 0x2 confReg will do when the router boots:

should probably be 0x2102 or the likes..verify with the tool.

see this link for the Configuration Register Calculator:

http://gtcc-it.net/billings/configreg.htm

yes, should be 0x2102 on both sup and MSFC.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: