cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

Speed ad Duplex configuration change in 3550 and 2950

Hello

I have a WS-C3550-12T running on software c3550-i9q3l2-mz.121-14.EA1.bin. If I configure the ports manualy to fix speed and duplex, all work fine. If I change the sequenze duplex and speed the switch does not accept the duplex command.

SW2(config)#int gi 0/3

SW2(config-if)#spee 100

SW2(config-if)#dupl full

SW2(config-if)#int gi 0/4

SW2(config-if)#dupl full

Duplex can not be set until speed is set to non-auto value

SW2(config-if)#

If I have a configured switch with fixed speed and duplex and save the configuration to a file, the command sequenze is like on the wrong way round. Bellow you can find a sh run configuration and it show you that the command duplex full is in the first possition and this is not accepted by the switch, if you download this to a new one (replacement). How can I save the configuration without any changes?

sh run

interface GigabitEthernet0/3

switchport mode dynamic desirable

duplex full

speed 100

!

interface GigabitEthernet0/4

switchport mode dynamic desirable

speed 100

!

Thanks

Rolf

2 REPLIES
Community Member

Re: Speed ad Duplex configuration change in 3550 and 2950

I have had similar problems with other configurations.

Are you taking a text configuration file and copying into a buffer to paste onto the switch? I had similar issues when applying configuration that has TACACS configuration you can lock yourself out of the switch.

Try using "copy xmodem" or "copy tftp" instead. This should work for nearly all configurations. Hyperterminal works well for the xmodem download.

Cheers

Iain

Community Member

Re: Speed ad Duplex configuration change in 3550 and 2950

Hello Iain

I have an open case by Cisco. It's a software bug CSCec13983. At the moment it's not resolved. Expected version is 12.1(20)EA1.

Thanks Rolf

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content