cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

speed of Port-channel group

aridge
Level 1
Level 1

When Configuring a Port-Channel Group for Gigabit Etherchannel the speed automatically sets to 1000Mbps. Should the speed setting be relevant to how many links and speeds of the links ?i.e. for 2 x 1 Gb links should result in a port-channel speed of 2000Mbps and for 4 x 1Gb links it should be 4000Mbps

5 Replies 5

DALE FRANCIS
Level 3
Level 3

On what platform and OS as they have different outputs depending on these.

It is a 6506

running C6sup_rp-JSV-M Version 12.1(8a)E Early Deployment release (fc1)

Sorry for the late reply.. been out.

Bear in mind that the 6500 Gig ports are always full-duplex and placing two ports in a bundle will give you a logical throughput of 4 Gig and 4 ports 8 Gig. the problem is that you can not see the total B/W assigned to the port channel.

Basically if you do a sh port-chann x, you will see the member ports and that is that, you will also see items such as load etc but not the total B/W the agport has formed, this is just taken as given by No of member ports within the channel and their associated links speeds and duplex setting.

On thing you may try which i am not sure is avail on IOS is the sh agport hidden command.

Thanks, The "sh agport hidden" is not available under the IOS.

So it looks like we just have to trust and hope.

If i get the chance i will test, but i looked at IOS on CAT and i know the output was not as informative as the hybrid mode.

I would try the sh int agport x/x too, i am sure there is a hidden command that i used once..:)