Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

SQLAnywhere or Sybase

I have Ciscoworks 2000 on Solaris using release 4 of CD 1. I am trying to get RME to synchronise with the rest of Ciscoworks (a common problem, I think). While wading through the documentation I came across many references to things that work with Sybase but do not work with SQLAnywhere. My system uses SQLAnywhere. From the installation I do not remember any option to use Sybase. Can someone please explain the difference between the two implementations, and also if they have implications with the data migration process?

Thanks.

Michael

PS I know that SQLAnywhere is made by Sybase, but the following link suggests that there are different versions:

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/477/RME/troubleshoot_rme_inventory_import.html

Quote:

"Dependencies

The following must be up and running: Perl, the Sybase isql (not the SQLAnywhere isql), the Sybase dataserver (CiscoWorks export), ..... "

3 REPLIES
Blue

Re: SQLAnywhere or Sybase

When you say "I am trying to get RME to synchronise with the rest of Ciscoworks", which other applications are you trying to sync with?. If Campus Manager, then the procedure is documented:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/rtrmgmt/cw2000/camp_mgr/camp_3x/cmgr_3_1/use_cmgr/cmsynch.htm

Thanks for your response.

I have already tried the procedure you suggested. I get the message in the synch. log:

2002/09/03 11:45:37 Send device info to Essentials: Call Essentials DeviceListService command=addDevices, Essentials host= port= aniName=ANIServer4.0-opamux0013

2002/09/03 11:45:37 ERROR: Send addDevices to Essentials. Exception=java.lang.NumberFormatException:

Regards,

Michael

CW2000 uses Sybase Anywhere and nothing appart from that.

Sybase Anywhere is a small database for embeding and has nothing to do with a real Sybase RDBMS. It's just a small product Sybase bought some years ago.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content