Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

SSCOP & T309 configurable values

Hello,

Can I configure SSCOP and T309 timers with the values more then dafault?

What is the relation between this timers when SVC is being torn down by link failure or HBERs?

Thank you

Vitaly

2 REPLIES
Silver

Re: SSCOP & T309 configurable values

Among the SSCOP timers , ther are some specific timers in which ther is a range of values that can be accepted. In that case, you can use the value higher than the default. The SSCOP timing mismatch might cause severe outages. For more information, you can refer the fowllwoing document:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios121/121cgcr/wan_r/wratm/wrdshatm.htm#1019311

Re: SSCOP & T309 configurable values

Thanks for that link.

As you probably know appart from timers on signalling link there is the ILMI keep-alive timer that is set to 20 seconds by design (not configurable). If no ILMI update PDUs are being received during that period then link will be declared down despite config of the SSCOP with longer delays (more then 20 sec). My goal was to keep SVC on application layer (end user) for as long as SSCOP timer is set to. I have tried to use RF SDH fading/attenuation in my lab to make proper alarm environment on ATM. With that ILMI limit it is not possible to keep polling the link more then 20 sec.

Anyway, my experiments end up with up to 20 sec hold time. And this is enough, I guess, in case of sporadic SDH fading or HBERs on link.

Cheers

Views
Helpful
Replies