cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ssh on IPSERVICES ver. 12.2(25)SEB4

aperez2004
Level 1
Level 1

does any one know how to enable ssh? I enable aaa new-model, I give the domain name user name and password, but it does not have the crypto command to create the key nor does have the sh ip ssh.

Am I missing something?

3 Replies 3

haithamnofal
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

Your software should be cryptographic software image; please browse to this link to guide you on how to enable SSH.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps628/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a00801cde5f.html

I'm also trying to enable SSH on my 2950 catalyst switch but my IOS version 12.2(22)EA4 doesn't support SSH since it's not cryptographic IOS; I tried to upgrade it to a cryptographic version but the upgrade failed with me. I'm posting a question about the upgrade and still waiting a response:) The post is titled as "Upgrading 2950 Switch Firmware" in case you faced a similar problem and wanted to add your comments to the post.

Good Luck,

Haitham

Well, I went to the "Software Advisor" tool and it says that this image I have supports ssh v2. However, I do not know if the image that I have supports cryptographic because in the show version command it does not mention anything about it.

I had similar problem. You have to upgrdae to this Version.

12.1(22)EA7

SSH didn't work on 12.1(22)EA6 for me.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: