Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Stackwise with 2x3750

Hi,

I made a stack of 2 3750 using stackwise ports.

After 2 months of good working, one of my stackwise link began flapping.

My stack is, obviously, still working.

I changed the cable but it did not change anything.

How can I find on which switch the problem is ? Or which port is failling ?

Thanks for your answear.

Romain

• Other Network Infrastructure Subjects
12 REPLIES

Re: Stackwise with 2x3750

Hi,

When you say 'flapping', what do you mean by this?

e.g. can you see both switches as being stacked? etc.

When I say flapping, I mean that one of the stackwise port of each switch is moving to up and down state.

Feb 8 08:34:33.142 CEST: %STACKMGR-6-STACK_LINK_CHANGE: Stack Port 1 Switch 1 has changed to state UP

Feb 8 08:34:34.149 CEST: %STACKMGR-6-STACK_LINK_CHANGE: Stack Port 2 Switch 2 has changed to state DOWN

Feb 8 08:34:34.149 CEST: %STACKMGR-6-STACK_LINK_CHANGE: Stack Port 1 Switch 1 has changed to state DOWN

Feb 8 08:49:48.166 CEST: %STACKMGR-6-STACK_LINK_CHANGE: Stack Port 1 Switch 1 has changed to state UP

Feb 8 08:49:49.173 CEST: %STACKMGR-6-STACK_LINK_CHANGE: Stack Port 1 Switch 1 has changed to state DOWN

Feb 8 09:24:56.045 CEST: %STACKMGR-6-STACK_LINK_CHANGE: Stack Port 1 Switch 1 has changed to state UP

Feb 8 09:24:57.051 CEST: %STACKMGR-6-STACK_LINK_CHANGE: Stack Port 1 Switch 1 has changed to state DOWN

However, the switches are still stacked.

You have two stack ports on every switch.

To find out which side is failing, simply cross them over and watch the error messages change. With this info you should be able to isolate the faulty interface.

Regards,

Leo

Thanks but I forgot to tell you that my 2 switches are in production mode.

I cannot stop them, so, is there any command line to see which port is failling?

In that case, I'm afraid this will be a job for "after hours".

Good luck with it!

Regards,

Leo

Hi,

Thanks for the error informatiom.

Can I assume it is a stack of 2 x 3750s?

Do you have any idea of what may have triggered these errors (e.g. deletions/additions/changes etc.)?

Hi,

Yes it is a stack of 2x3750s.

No change have been made neither in the configuration nor in the IOS.

It is pretty sure it is an hardware issue as it started working bad without reason.

romain

Hi Romain,

Considering the severity of that error message is not critical/warnning, what type of problem is it causing in your production environment for routing/switching of traffic?

If it is isn't causing any, then it could some sort of bug.

By the way, is it a fully loaded 3750 stack?

Pardon all the questions, I am just stumbled that I have never come across this before after connecting up 3750s in various topologies in the lab for about a year.

Hi,

In my production environment, it does not cause any problem, it is working well.

Yes, it is a fully loaded stack.

Thinking of a bug, do you think it could be appropriate to upgrade the IOS ? But it seems strange that this bug began after 2 months of good working.

romain

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.