cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Startup Config not loading when reboot.

matt.dubois
Level 1
Level 1

I have a new 2948g switch. I set up the configuration and "wr mem" then I reboot to make sure everything is ok, but when it reboots the startup config doesn't load to the running config. It always boots like it was the first time w/no config. I have to manually copy startup config to running config for it to load.

Thanks in advance

Matt

4 Replies 4

mazhar71
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Look at your config registers. It should be 0x2102 for your case. You can look at this "sh ver",you can set this config-registers command.

Regards

cmd1
Level 1
Level 1

Sounds like your "set boot" command isn't configured right. Here is a link that should help you. If you are still having problems, please post again.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/lan/cat4000/rel6_3/config/boot.htm#xtocid40068

Thanks for the help guys. That worked perfect.

matt.dubois
Level 1
Level 1

One more question, I just used the config-register 0x2102 command and that seemed to work for my last problem.

Now when I type "sh ip int br", I get this:

sts2948g-2#sh ip int br

Interface IP-Address OK? Method Status Prot

ocol

FX1000:1 unassigned YES unset up up

FastEthernet1 unassigned YES NVRAM down down

-

Shouldn't "method" be manual not NVRAM.

Is it related?

The problem is the ports on the switch are live and showing 100mb connection, but PCs that are hooked up to the ports are not able to hit anything.

P.S. The config came from another identical switch that is on the network (working fine), which this one is the backup for.

Thanks again, in advance,

Matt