Views
Helpful
Replies

Startup/Running Out of sync Report in RME 3.5

guffe
Level 1
Level 1

HI There

I have a minor problem with the startup/running out of sync report. When i make a change on a box with netconfig eg. delete a entry, the running config on the cw2k is updatet due to a syslog message but the startup config is not updatet even I have the "Write running to startup conf" enablet. On the box you can see that the conf. is updatet and the NVRAM is updatet, there is a time diff between these to messages on around 4 min. But the syslog message is send when the conf. is updatet and the running configuration is retrived so startup conf is therefor out of sync.

why that?

If i go into the "Search Archive by Device" and look at the device and check the older verion of the config and then check the startup conf. it looks like it trigger an update of the startup, hmmmm

1 Reply 1

b.orth
Level 1
Level 1

This is why I never use the "update from syslog message" feature. Just turn it off, and get your updates once or twice a day. Then your report will be somewhat accurate! Good luck!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco