Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Static IP dialup access

I have a 3640 setup with a PRI that provides dialup IP access just fine so long as the client uses the DHCP in their dialup settings. I have a need to setup a couple of users with static dialup IP addresses but have had no luck figuring out how to do so. I tried the dialer map IP name username command with no success. I am running 12.1.6. What am I missing to allow users to have a static IP address when dialing in to the 3640? Thanks for any help.

1 REPLY

Re: Static IP dialup access

If you can use TACACS+ , you can do this very easyly. In user configuration you can set user IP address pool name which is on TACACS server or on the access server.

My 2. proposal is not tested. This is :

PRI is configured as dialer pool member of pool 1.

in Dialer 1 write dialer pool 1 , ans configure the dialer 1 for general access from remote clients as in previous PRI configuration. Give a general pool to Dialer 1.

Then configure the Dialer 2. In this dialer give the name of the user as Dialer remote-name and associate the ip pool reserved for this client.

For many client it is very costly way.

But I hope this operates.

Good luck

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content