cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Static NAT Translation Query

ravi.mehta
Level 1
Level 1

I have a primary link to one router with a set of static NAT translations and I have a backup link to another with the same translations. If I take down the primary links, routing directs traffic through to the backup link but I seem to lose the static NAT translations, even though they are entered into the configuration exactly the same as the primary link.

Does anyone know why this is the case and some pointers to how to troubleshoot this type of problem. Thanks for any help....

3 Replies 3

oniant
Level 1
Level 1

Is the backup link on the same router as the primary, or on a different router? Also, at the routers, does NAT take place going inside the router or going outside the router?

The backup link is on a different router and the NAT takes place going inside. There is also a NAT pool configured which does seem to fail over when the main link fails but it is only the ip nat inside source static's which do not. Thankyou

The backup link is on a different router and the NAT takes place going inside. There is also a NAT pool configured which does seem to fail over when the main link fails but it is only the ip nat inside source static's which do not. Thankyou