Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

static route between WAN ip addresses

Hello,

I have the following problem. We are running ADSL at 2 sites with fixed WAN IP's. In both configurations we have the ip route command to forward all traffic to the ISP gateway. Both WAN IP addresses are in the same subnet, so we are not able to communicate from one site to another. I suppose I need to add a static route between 2 sites. So I need all traffic to be forwarded to the ISP gateway except the traffic that is addressed to the branch office.

Thanks in advance.

1 REPLY
Cisco Employee

Re: static route between WAN ip addresses

What kind of ADSL link is?? PPPoA or PPPoE or RFC1483 bridging..??

PPPoA or oE routes are with /32 mask (host route) to isp..You need to look on "sh ip route" and see you have a network route for the other site's ip address..

With default route to isp's gateway should allow you to ping eachother sites but i have seen that isp do block communication between subscribers unless you demand it..So check with isp and ask them to allow the communication between sites.

Views
Helpful
Replies