cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

static routes in the routing table

ranairfan
Level 1
Level 1

I have observed two different behaviors of static routes in the routing table while working on two different 7513 routers.

On both routers static routes for customers are configured pointing towards their WAN interface ip.

Problem is when Router 1 [ios Version 12.0(18) S] customer’s WAN link goes down static entry remains in the routing table, but when the Router 2 [ios Version 12.1(8)] customer’s WAN link goes down the static entries immediately removed from the routing table.

Kindly reply what is the actual behavior of static routes in the routing table after the link failure, any ios bug and any specific configuration to resolve this problem.

2 Replies 2

akoussan
Level 1
Level 1

hi,

I got your problem ... read the following document , maybe your problem is clarified there..

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/tech/tk648/tk365/technologies_tech_note09186a00800ef7b2.shtml

Thanks for the link, this gives me an overview of static route behavior in routing table and help me a lot but problem still there according to cisco doc if static routes are defined with remote end ip the entries should not be removed when link goes down, I have configured same way on my router

i,e ip route 192.16.10.0 255.255.255.0 172.16.20.1

but when link goes down static entry is also removed from the routing table

is it an ios bug ??

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: