Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

STATIC ROUTING

Iam adding a Gateway of last resort to a Cisco 1751 router by using the following syntax:

0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 192.100.90.1

When I do sh run or sh start the change is reflected in the config files, however if I sh ip route, the changes made to static routes are not reflected, to the point that it says Gateway of last resort is not set. If I add or delete routes in running config, there is no change in the sh ip route. I have tried reloading the router after a copy run start but when the router comes back up the sh ip route stays the same.

I suspect that I may have a problem with this router, but I cant workout what the problem is. The router is physically about 100 miles away from my present location, so all my fault finding has been restricted to telnet sessions, any sugestions please ????

4 REPLIES

Re: STATIC ROUTING

Are you entering it by or are you using ?

Im using the following syntax

ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 192.100.90.1

ip default-network 192.100.90.0

Bronze

Is there a route for 192.100.90.0 in the routing table? The default route will never be entered into the routing table if 192.100.90.1 isn't reachable.

Hi,

Check for reachability to 192.100.90.0 network. Try pinging 192.100.90.1 and see if you can reach it. This network should be rechable inorder to set the gateway of last resort.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content