Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Status of a module is "other",what does it mean?

Hello,

This night we had a problem with a WS-X6408A-GBIC module in our Cat6k chassis,the module resetted from itself without any reason.users could not connect anymore...

when is did show module,it stated "status other" and the software version mentioned was 0.00

very weird issue...when i manually resetted the module,everything was ok.

Anyone who has an idea?

Can't find Cisco's explanation for this.Should i replace the card?

Is the software running on the card corrupt?

Thanks for some advise.

Kind regards,

Kurt

2 REPLIES
Bronze

Re: Status of a module is "other",what does it mean?

Kurt,

Usually the "other" is resolved by reseating the card in the slot. If this does not work then it is possible that the card is faulty and I would recommend a case be opened with TAC to determine if that is the case.

Stephen

Blue

Re: Status of a module is "other",what does it mean?

you usually see the "other" status when the module is in the process of booting and the switch recognized the blade but the blade is not fully initialized.

the fact that it remained "other" could mean the boot/initialization of the blade did not complete. (software & memory issues could cause)

you removed/reseated and the full boot/initializaiton completed successfully.

do a "show test" and view the module POST test statistics. they may show something.

also, verify the software of the blade if you can. perhaps a bug exists or you can upgrade the software/firmware, etc. if you continue to encounter this symptom.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content