Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

Status "up" Protocol "up" - yet no connection?

I have a remote site connected via frame-relay to our corporate office. It has been working fine for a few days but has gone down. On the remote side I get an "UP - UP" on the serial link, yet on the corporate side I get a "Down - Down". I have verified IP addresses, DLCI, encapsulation, etc. I have even swapped out routers and cables and still no connection. I have never seen this before. I have tried shut/no shut on both sides and reloaded both routers. AT&T can get the smartjack just fine too - so as far as they are concerned, there is no problem. Any ideas? Provider screw-up?

4 REPLIES
Community Member

Re: Status "up" Protocol "up" - yet no connection?

Is the down/down condition on a physical interface or subinterface. If it is on the physical interface, then there is most likely a physical layer problem somewhere. If it is on a subinterface, it could potentially be a problem with the provider (among other things).

What is the status of the pvc when you do a sh frame pvc? Also, check LMI to make sure it is being passed in both directions (sh frame lmi for stats and debug frame lmi to see the messages real time).

Community Member

The down/down is on a sub-interface

sh frame pvc on the remote side shows ACTIVE and on the corporate side shows INACTIVE

I do see LMI on the remote side but not the corporate side.

Community Member

When you say you don't see LMI on the corp side, I assume you are sending LMI out from the router but are not receiving from the frame switch?

If LMI is not passing back and forth between the router and the frame switch you can isolate the problem to that point. I would make sure the provider is looking at the pvc and not just the physical circuit (I've seen where they will just test the physical T1 back to the smartjack).

Community Member

Can the AT&T FR administrator make loopback for you?

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content