cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Stoping new connections

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

Is there a command I can issus on a router that will stop any new connections being made but will let the users who have already connected finnish off their connections. I have a 3640 with a PRI, I know I can shutdown channel 15 to stop any connections but this disconnects all the users and I want to let them fininsh their work first.

4 Replies 4

deilert
Level 6
Level 6

If your network has redundant links you can raise the cost or metric to a high value to force the connections over the preferred path .

tepatel
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

YES..you can configure the router to busyout isdn b channels individually using "isdn service ..."command..Here is the link for that about how to use and how it works. This command will busy-out the channels configured so that the callin-out is blocked on those channels.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios122/122cgcr/fdial_r/drfisl2.htm#90464

Not applicable

Thanks very much that is just what I wanted to do.

My only problem is that if I make channel 1 busy it appears to block anf further connections even if further channels are available.

tepatel
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

i thought thats what you need..You need to unbusy those busied out channels to accept the calls again on that..other then that there is no way.