Views
Helpful
Replies

STP Topology Change message to Syslog

milan.kulik
Level 10
Level 10

Hi,

does anybody know how to force a Cat4000 running CatOS 7.2.1 to send a STP Topology Change message to Syslog?

I'm receiving STP Topology Change SNMP traps but I'd also like to have them logged in my syslog file.

I've configured:

set logging level spantree 6 default

set logging server severity 6

and I'm receiving "%SPANTREE-6-PORTBLK: Port 3/22 state in VLAN 1 changed to blocking" messages to my syslog but nothing about STP Topology change.

What else should I configure?

Regards,

Milan

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

beth-martin
Level 5
Level 5

Hello Milan,

I am not quite sure of the "topology change' message that you are talking about. I have this entire list of Spantree syslog messages and I didn't find anything that is directly related to the Spantree topology change.

Here is the list of all the "spantree" syslog messages that one could get:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/lan/cat6000/sw_6_3/msg__gd/emsg.htm#xtocid111

Or..have I misunderstood your question?

HTH!

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

beth-martin
Level 5
Level 5

Hello Milan,

I am not quite sure of the "topology change' message that you are talking about. I have this entire list of Spantree syslog messages and I didn't find anything that is directly related to the Spantree topology change.

Here is the list of all the "spantree" syslog messages that one could get:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/lan/cat6000/sw_6_3/msg__gd/emsg.htm#xtocid111

Or..have I misunderstood your question?

HTH!

Hello Beth,

thank you for your help.

What I was looking for was SNMP-5-TOPOTRAP: Topology Change Trap for VLAN [[dec]]

and SNMP-5-NEWROOTTRAP: New Root Trap for VLAN [[dec]].

The confusing thing is that they are a part of SNMP syslog messages and I would expect them to be a part of Spantree messages.

Tkanks once more.

Regards,

Milan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: