Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

STp traps and DFM

Hello,

I have problem with STP traps and DFM monitoring console. For test purposes I made following configuration on one switch:

snmp-server enable traps snmp warmstart linkdown linkup coldstart

snmp-server host 192.168.168.168 public

Problem is that switch beside wanted link up\down traps sent STP topology change traps which is displayed on DFM monitoring console. Can I somehow disable these traps on switch ? Reason is because they always popup on console (every time when console is open; regardless if event is acknowledged).

Thanks

2 REPLIES
Blue

Re: STp traps and DFM

What kind of switch is this?. If this is a 2950/2900XL type of switch then see CSCdx86194 and CSCdz34171 for 3500XL series. In old IOS versions, these traps cannot be disabled specifically. Only the very later versions on these switches have this feature added.

Re: STp traps and DFM

I tested it on 2950G-48 with 12.1(11)EA1. I read release notes for that version and also for 12.1(12c)EA1a but that bug isn't mentioned. Do you know what is command for disabling that trap ? I don't want put portfast on these interfaces (trunks to core switch).

Views
Helpful
Replies