cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Strange tftpdnld behavior

spodonnell
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying to tftp an image to a down 2600 router. I keep getting the following message:

Not enough memory in the system to run this image

Required pmem/iomem: 51459795/419430

*** System received a Software forced crash ***

I've confirmed multiple times that the router does have the right amount of memory (48/16). I've tried multiple images. I'm running out of ideas, anyone seen anything like this before?

2 Replies 2

lgijssel
Level 9
Level 9

Adding the values together I come to a requirement of 56M for this particular image. That's definitely more than 48. So either you still have the wrong image or you have a boot-ROM issue.

About this wrong image: I found that all images I used for 2600 and 2600-XM are the same. This is true for the older ones. I am not 100% certain about the latest releases, simply because I did not test them yet. This is a possible cause.

Regards,

Leo

bbranch
Level 3
Level 3

Try adjusting your I/O memeory allocation. It looks like you are using the default 25% (25% of 64Mb = 16Mb) If you do not need this much I/O memory

adjust it to a smaller percentage, this will increase the amount of main memory available to the IOS. Looking at you error message you need 51Mb of main memory and 4Mb of I/O. An I/O memory percentage of 15% will give you a 54mb / 10Mb split.

The command to change this is:

memory-size iomem 15

You will need to reboot the router after entering this command