Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Strange tftpdnld behavior

I'm trying to tftp an image to a down 2600 router. I keep getting the following message:

Not enough memory in the system to run this image

Required pmem/iomem: 51459795/419430

*** System received a Software forced crash ***

I've confirmed multiple times that the router does have the right amount of memory (48/16). I've tried multiple images. I'm running out of ideas, anyone seen anything like this before?

2 REPLIES

Re: Strange tftpdnld behavior

Adding the values together I come to a requirement of 56M for this particular image. That's definitely more than 48. So either you still have the wrong image or you have a boot-ROM issue.

About this wrong image: I found that all images I used for 2600 and 2600-XM are the same. This is true for the older ones. I am not 100% certain about the latest releases, simply because I did not test them yet. This is a possible cause.

Regards,

Leo

Silver

Re: Strange tftpdnld behavior

Try adjusting your I/O memeory allocation. It looks like you are using the default 25% (25% of 64Mb = 16Mb) If you do not need this much I/O memory

adjust it to a smaller percentage, this will increase the amount of main memory available to the IOS. Looking at you error message you need 51Mb of main memory and 4Mb of I/O. An I/O memory percentage of 15% will give you a 54mb / 10Mb split.

The command to change this is:

memory-size iomem 15

You will need to reboot the router after entering this command

Views
Helpful
Replies