Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Bronze

Stub and totally stub areas and default routes..

Hi,

Why Stub and totally stub areas assumes the default routes advertised by multiple ABR's as equidistant? Why cann't they decide with the metric to ABR as a measure to know the best default route.

Thanks in advance...

Regards...

Ashok.

With best regards... Ashok ----------- Pls kindly rate if helpful or answered your question.
  • Other Network Infrastructure Subjects
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Stub and totally stub areas and default routes..

Excuse me for a fault in my reply: ABR injects default route with a default cost of 1 not 10.

Regards.

2 REPLIES

OSPF Stub or totally stubby area ABR injects def-route with a default cost of 10. You can change this on the ABR using "area X default-cost 50 " Tis ABR will inject default route with a cost of 50. If another ABR exists with a default cost 10 probably this ABR will be used by most of the internal routers. Internal routers will add their metric to the ABR and the default-cost advertised by the ABR so each internal router will decide which ABR will it use.

Excuse me for a fault in my reply: ABR injects default route with a default cost of 1 not 10.

Regards.

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.