Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Student killed his 806 router!!!!

Hi, I am the student that killed the router. I erased the flash memory and have no IOS. I realize this is an extremely stupid mistake. I also realize I am most likely not the first to do this. How do I get my hands on the IOS that I need to get my router functional again? I have the details on how to reload the image, however I have had very little luck getting cisco to give me an image. Why is there no cd or floppy with the default image for idiot students like me? I bought the device through the Cisco Network Academy program. I am thinking that they would understand that we are going to learn by breaking.

Anyhow, just extremely frustrated. Looking forward to any help possible. Thank you very much.

2 REPLIES

Re: Student killed his 806 router!!!!

there are two possibilities to get that ios:

eighter you ask (know) one who has access to the internal cisco-area, where you can download all ios-files (since ios 10.3), or you know sombody who has the same router as you. then you can let him copy his ios to a tftp-server.

Re: Student killed his 806 router!!!!

Sorry to say, you might have to buy IOS image from Cisco. Depending on what feature set you brought with the router, it should have came with the Software Feature Pack. The IOS image is usually on that CD. Another way to get an IOS image is to downloaded from the Cisco web site, but in order to do that you must have a service contract.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content