Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Subinterface line protocol/FR dlci state change is not logged on the router

I have observed a strange behavior on routers 3640 and 3810 running IOS 12.2(1a) and 12.1(6) respectively and I would like know if someone had observed the same problem before because I could not see any IOS bug for that.

When the line protocol of a given subinterface goes down (the protocol used is frame-relay) the subinterface/frame-relay dlci state change is not logged on the router buffer. The router logging is enabled at the level debugging, and other types of messages are logged without problem. For example, if the line protocol of a interface goes down or if the ospf adjacency status change due to a subinterface line protocol outage, the ospf and the interface status change is shown at the router log.

Would someone have a suggestion to fix this problem or any kind of feedback?

Thanks.

2 REPLIES
Silver

Re: Subinterface line protocol/FR dlci state change is not logge

remove the command 'no logging subinterface status' from the config

Community Member

Re: Subinterface line protocol/FR dlci state change is not logge

Thanks for responding. I could not see this command at the router config

logging event subif-link-status. Is it a hidden command?

Anyway, your suggestion gave me the idea to check the logging options under the interface configuration. There I could see the following options with logging event ?:

dlci-status-change DLCICHANGE messages

link-status UPDOWN and CHANGE messages

subif-link-status Sub-interface UPDOWN and CHANGE messages

As I mentioned before, the link-status was already being logged. After I put the other two options on the interface configuration, the problem was fixed. It is strange because other IOS have these statements enable by default.

Thanks,

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content