cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Subnet troubles...

millsm
Level 1
Level 1

My network has several different subnets *as accrued by the different branches of the library for which I work*. My situation is this: we have a dmz subnet supplied by a PIX515 firewall, and supported by a catalyst 1900 switch. The firewall has four nic's in it, with one being devorted to this dmz. I wish to take the connection for the dmz out and connnect it within my network, merging the subnet into the current branch subnet. To that end I would need to connect this catalyst 1900 into a catalyst 2800. My problem is this: I changed the gateway, and IP address of the 1900 to conform with the subnet standards of which I want to merge it too. However, upon plugging it into the 2800 I recieve no connection. The lights indicate no signal, but it is configured just like the switch which services the subnet of which it will be joined. Any suggestions as to what I need to configure, my thinking is that I will need to reconfigure the dmz nic in the firewall to suite my needs.

Thanks,

Mike

1 Reply 1

bennordlander
Level 1
Level 1

Not sure how you connecting your switches.... are you in need of a cross-over cable perhaps?