cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Sup 720 unlabelled Red LED

pirate0zanzibar
Level 1
Level 1

I have a pair of 6513s with a pair of Supervisors in each and on one of the standby (Sup 720) front panel is a RED LED. This LED has no label and is just to the left of the Console port. I have checked reference documents and this LED is not mentioned? Any idea? Thanks

5 Replies 5

spremkumar
Level 9
Level 9

Hi

I feel the sup mite have got stuck up in rommon prompt and requires manual boot command to boot it up..

once it gets booted up check out the valid ios file in the disk0 or disk1 and configure the boot system command accordingly.

once you are thru with that save the config and check with show bootvar to verify whether the changes got replicated or not..

regds

Hmm, I have tried a console connection and I get a 'proper' prompt (i.e. Hostname) with a STDBY suffix so it looks to have an IOS loaded. So i do not think the ROMMON stick is the problem? Thanks though

Hi

did u try to check up with show reduandcy command and verified the reduandcy status ??

is it still flashing red ?ofcourse while booting it does flash red and then changes status accrodindly depending upon active/standby state.

also can you verify the uptime of the sup so that you can verify for any recent resets..

regds

The LED is solid Red not flashing. The Sup is in a 'WARM' state with the other Sup in 'Active' so it does look like all is well (and we are experiencing no problems). I was just concerned by Red light on only one of 4 Sup modules.Did the Show Redundency and all appears well with an Active and Standby module.

Prashanth Krishnappa
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Refer to the following field notice. The LED is diagnostic LED and will be turned off with newer software.

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/770/fn28695.shtml

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: