Views
Helpful
Replies

sup-bootflash:

alsayed
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All!

i have installed 64M on the sup1(6509 Switch).but i'm a litle confused about the reformate the 2 flash sup-bootflash:

& slot0:.in that document "step-by-step converting from CATos to IOS IN Step 17".do i need to reformat the sup-bootflash & the slot0?what about the connection to the TFTP Server,ofcourse we will lose the connection betwen the sw and the TFTP.

10XS

Ali

2 Replies 2

ankurbhasin
Level 9
Level 9

Hi Ali,

Once you have booted Native IOS manually and switch is up and running with NATIVE IOS you have to format the device on which you were having CATOS loaded because the sectors for CATOS and Native are arranged in different ways.

Now if you were having CATOS originally on bootflash of the sup and also on flashcard you can format both and once you format sup-bootflash: and also slot0: you can again copy the NATIVE IOS from the tftp server to the slot0: also and if you have enough space on sup-bootflash: you can copy on that also.

Once you have booted the switch with native ios and you have assigned an ip address to any interface vlan and then make sure you are able to ping your tftp server from switch and vice versa then only format sup-bootflash: and slot0:

While formatting the sup-bootflash: and slot0: you will never loose the connection to tftp server.

HTH, if yes please rate the post.

Ankur

Hi Ankur!

10xs for ur reply.and Help..

10xs

Ali

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco