cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SUP V - WS-X4516-10GE bootflash and DRAM question

astanislaus
Level 2
Level 2

I do not have a module in front of me to check.

Is there a document on CCO showing the location of the bootflash and DRAM on the WS-X4516-10GE SUP V card? Are these removabale or fixed? I have been through the complete documentation road map for this card and cannot see explained anywhere the location of the bootflash SIMM and DRAM and whether they are removable or not.

3 Replies 3

sushilk
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Sup V 10GE has 512-MB onboard SDRAM memory and 64-MB onboard flash memory (in addition to compact flash memory).

However I am not aware of the location of dram and flash.

I am also aware that -

Sup V 10GE has 512-MB onboard SDRAM memory and 64-MB onboard flash memory (in addition to compact flash memory).

But what I wish to know is the location of these parts on the board and a link on Cisco's Web site showing the layout of this board, so that when I speak to a person on the phone who has the board in his hand, I can point to the location of these chips.

See this doc:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/hw/switches/ps4324/prod_installation_guide09186a00805362c4.html#wp22111

It is for the WS-X4013+10GE Supervisor, but they are very similar and the components locations are the same.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco