Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Sup32 IP Base software routing support

According to the release notes for 12.2(SXF) the Sup32 IP BASE software release only supports RIP, static routes and EIGRP stub routing. IP Services image supports OSPF, BGP and EIGRP. However when actually loading an IP Base image onto a switch I was able to configure EIGRP and OSPF on the Sup32 without issue. Is this an error in the release notes for Sup32 IP Base or a mistake in the IOS image that will be corrected down the line?

1 REPLY
Cisco Employee

Re: Sup32 IP Base software routing support

David,

The release notes for the SUP32 is correct.

I ran OSPF Feature through Feature Navigator and it lists OSPF as one of the features supported in "IP Base" for SUP32 and this is incorrect. Looks like the Feature Navigator has to be fixed.

OSPF is officially supported in IP Services and not in IP Base. In case if you run into any issues in a live environment after configuring OSPF using IP Base Image, its going to be challenging trying to convice the TAC or Development Team to troubleshoot the issue, since its not officially supported.

Please get in touch with your sales team and discuss this topic in detail. Eventhough there is a cost associated with going from IP Base to IP Services, I would rather take care of this issue sooner than later.

I hope it helps.

Regards,

Arul

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content