cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

Supervisor Engine IV ?

Hi

We have a cisco 4503 with sup IV installed,working fine, but now when i swicthed on 4503 the lights of supervissor engine status does not glow, it remain off , but the lights of Input OK, FAN OK, and FAN status turned green.

I am worrying that sup engine has gone ???

7 REPLIES
Community Member

Re: Supervisor Engine IV ?

Did you wait long enough?

Do you get any info via the console connection?

Hi Syed,

Many times when the Sup doesnt boot properly from Flash it does the same behavior, hence best is to check the actual status of Sup by console cable.

Regards,

Wilson Samuel

Community Member

but i am not getting any response from concole. i have unplug and then replug the sup module still i did nt get any response in my console window.

Community Member

but i am not getting any response from concole. i have unplug and then replug the sup module still i did nt get any response in my console window.

are you able to ping thee switch? If yes, can you telnet to the switch ?

If no, then as You are not getting any response on the console, try to change the baud rate, try different settings, try different console cable or try some other emulation software. If still unable to work out then open a TAC case with the cisco TAC and ask for help on this.

HTH, Please rate if it does.

-amit singh

Community Member

when the switch is on then LEDs of sup engine do not on . while the fan OK and others lit on. and the fx module is also off. and i can not ping the switch .

Hi Syed,

If the Sup LEDs do not come on (irespective of the color) while that of FAN and PS are Green, there is something wrong with the Sup Hardware.

You must contact your Cisco Vendore and they shall get getting you a replacement of the same if its being covered under warranty / contract.

All The Best!

Regards,

Wilson Samuel

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content