cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Support for Win2k Service pack 3??

rcullum
Level 1
Level 1

Is Cw2k LMS and /or nGenius RTM as supplied with LMS, supported officially on Win 2000 servers running Microsoft Win2K Service pack 3??

9 Replies 9

akoussan
Level 1
Level 1

officially no , but I tried it and it is working fine , go ahead :)

rmushtaq
Level 8
Level 8

Officially SP3 is not currently supported with CW2K.

Any idea when support will be available? I've installed it (no problems seen so far) . Also, any idea why Ciscoworks can't be installed on a Win2K Terminal server as recommended in Bundle Release Notes?

resources, with both CW2000 and Term Serv on 1 box resources go away quickly.

IS SP3 still not supported with CW2K (JAN/2003)?

Windows 2000 service pack 3 IS supported with CD1 Edition 5

Oh Yeah? So when are the online release notes and installation guide pre-requisites going to be updated to reflect this? Is this very new information ?? I was told a couple of months ago it wasn't officially supported.

I'm trying to install CDOne 5th edition on Win2K SP3. CiscoView is working fine. But, after installed the RME 3.4, it prompted an error message "cannot start daemon manager". I've tried to manually start the daemon at command prompt, but it was unsuccessful. I've currently installed CSACS 3.0 on the same machine. Is the RME error caused by Win2K SP3 or any idea?

I was told differently by my TAC case engineer. He said it WAS NOT supported and his only suggestion to solve my problem was to reinstall on sp2.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: