Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Webcast-Catalyst9k

Swapping two 3600-series routers

We have a 3662 being used as an H.323 gateway for our Cisco CallManager phone system. We also have a 3640 serving as a gateway for several private networks.

Is there any reason I should not be able to swich the two boxes and have the 3640 serve as the voice gateway? Does the 3662 have any capability that the 3640 doesn't?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Bronze

Re: Swapping two 3600-series routers

Do a show ver on each router and see the difference in processors and speed. It is dramatic. I would not move the delay sensitive voice processing to a slower box.

5 REPLIES

366x has more horsepower compared to 3640

Can you give me any idea what the difference is (% throughput, or something like that)?

Cisco Employee

YES..3660 has 6 slots for different modules while 2640 has 4 slots. so in 3660 you can have two more hardware modules for different services.

Bronze

Do a show ver on each router and see the difference in processors and speed. It is dramatic. I would not move the delay sensitive voice processing to a slower box.

Yoiks! I see what you mean. I didn't realize the different 36xx boxes had different processor capabilities--I thought the only difference was in the number of slots. Thank you.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content