Views
Helpful
Replies

Swich access using Web console

jhilton
Level 1
Level 1

After updating the image of a 3550 switch to image 121-13.ea1 I am no longer

able to access the switch thru the web console. We use TACACS for authentication. The authentication box pops up but when I enter user id an pw/enter the box keeps popping back up. I am able to telnet to the switch and authenticate properly with same user id and pw. When I roll back to previous image 121-9-ea1 everything functions properly again. This occured on the first 2 3550-48 switches I tried to upgrade. We have been using TACACS for 2 years with no problems. Could this be a code bug ? Anyone seen this before.

2 Replies 2

dave.keith
Level 1
Level 1

Check your Java version, you may still have JRE1.2.2 or 1.3.0. The newer image could need J2RE1.3.1 or 1.4. This is detailed in the release notes. I currently have about half of our switches that need 1.3 and the other half need 1.3.1, and am constantly removing and installing these JRE's. Yes, I need to upgrade a bunch of switches .......

Darren Ramsey
Level 4
Level 4

I have seen this also. After performing an "archive download", the 3550's web server is looking for the old HTML directory structure. Reload the switch and see it the problem gets corrected.