Replies

Switch Error Message

pccthailand
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

I have just recieve log error messages from my switch 2950

"%ETHCNTR3 HALF_DUX_COLLISION_EXCEED_THRESHOLD: Half-duplex loopback dete

cted, collision threshold exceeded on FastEthernet0/1.

3d15h: %PM-4-ERR_DISABLE: loopback error detected on Fa0/1, putting Fa0/1 in err

-disable state "

This port is connected with HUB 10/100MB

how can i config the switch to ignore the collision on the port ? or not change state to error disable

thanks

6 Replies 6

amit-singh
Level 8
Level 8

Hi,

Youc annot configure the switchport to ignore the collision on the switch port.Try chnaging the cable and the speed on the cisco switch. That might help.

Not to change the port to error disable you can do 2 things:

1. Enable error disable recovery feature on your switch, which will automatically bring the interface up.

2. Easiset thing is to disable keepalives on the switch port.

conf t

int fa 0/1

no keepalive

regards,

-amit singh

Hello,

in addition to Amit´s post, the problem with hubs is that they do not support full duplex operation, so you cannot really get rid of the collisions, unless you remove the hub and give all your user´s a dedicated port...

There used to be a command in CatOS, ´set option errport enable´, which effectively turned of the error detection, not sure what the equivalent is in IOS, can you try ´no errdisable detect cause all´, or ´no errdisable recovery cause all´ ?

HTH,

GP

pccthailand
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

Thanks for reply...i used "no error disable dectect cause loopback" i hope it will work!! .. do you know where can i get more infomation about error disable detection

Thanks

Hello,

here is the link to the relevant command reference:

errdisable detect cause

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps628/products_command_reference_chapter09186a00804761fd.html#wp3227150

I would use ´no error disable detect cause all´ instead...

HTH,

GP

pccthailand
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I'm not understanding about errorDisable . i would like more information to explain me about it

I'm not sure to use appropriate errorDisable command on my switch (command have many option such as keepalive, loopback, etc.)

Anyone explain me or get me more about the information about errorDisable and its option

Thanks

Hi,

The use of this command is basically putting a particular port into an error disable state whihc might cous edisruption on the network. For example, in case of a link-flap, if there is a switch connected on the link and its flapping continously which might effect STP calculation on the n/w and hence disrupting the services.This link will be put under error disable state after the specified interval and hence making the n/w more stable.

There are a lots of option whihc are the major culprit on the n/w problems and mpst of them have been listed here, just to make n/w more stable.

errdisable recovery {cause {all | bpduguard | channel-misconfig | dhcp-rate-limit | dtp-flap | gbic-invalid | link-flap | loopback | pagp-flap | psecure-violation | security-violation | udld | vmps}} | {interval interval}

regards,

-amit singh