Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Webcast-Catalyst9k

Switch shutting down

I have a customer whos switch shuts down at various times, he is telling me that my horizontal cabling is the problem. I am having a hard time believing this since I have Fluke tested this infrastructure twice. Apparently, the router is shutting down the switch. Is there any way a data jack could cause this shutdown? Other than a "loopback", I can't see how a switch would do this.

4 REPLIES
Silver

Re: Switch shutting down

Hi,

I don't see any findings on the data jack causing the switch to get shuts down. But u could have tried by changing this cable or jack and ascertain that is not due to that. is it ???

There is no particular jack, besides we have tested all the cabling with a Fluke Category 6 DTX tester and all passed.

Hi,

Are you sure that the Electric Grounding is correct for the switch and router?

Regards,

Wilson SAmuel

The switch runs fine for hours at a time, but then during the nighttime, it must go through a diagnostic testing at night or something and then shutsdown or re-boots, I am not certain. They were stating that when they unplug all of the patch cords and let it run, it does not shutdown. So obviously, they are blaming it on the cabling/jacks. We have tested these jacks twice with a Fluke DTX cat6 tester and nothing is shorted or looped. I am stumped

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content