Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

switch stack connectivity question

x.x.x.10 = stack 1

x.x.x.11 = stack 2

my question since i have been thrown to the wolves is (with very little experience): I am at one site with 2 stacks. Is connecting stack 1 to stack 2 done with a crossover or straight through cable? On stack 1 I have 6/0/19 and 6/0/20 being used for avaya vm erver and avaya ip office. So I need to make sure that second stack can communciate to number 1 in order for the prots on the second stack to recognize the vm server and ip office locations. I'm a little confused. I know I shouldn't use a stackwise cable. Any help would be appreciated.

1 REPLY

Re: switch stack connectivity question

Not to be overly technical or picky, the term "stack" refers to the feature that the 3750 is capable of and stacking this platform would require a "stackwise" cable. It should come with the switch and it's silver. you connect the 3750 through stack port in the back of this switch. Now, if you are simply connecting two switches together, you will require a cross-over cable. A good rule of thumb is when connecting two alike devices you will need cross-over, like router to router or switch to switch. If they are not alike then you will need straight.

Views
Helpful
Replies