cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Webcast-Catalyst9k

Switch statistics

Hi,

I have a problem with some switches, because the users are complaining about the delay in the packet transmision through the net. They say that ping packets are taking more time to arrive than before. I've been checking the switches statistics and log but i haven´t found anything bad. I've seen a parameter called txQueuenot Available that is increasing constantly in every switch, I'd like to know if this is a problem with the traffic excess or if its a problem with the swith memory or config. I've been received some messages that indicate a problem with the CRC of the frames and some statistics reflecting this events. I have some Catalyst 4006 and some 5005. The Cat 4006 are using the OS ver 7.2, and this problems and statistics are appearing only on 4006, maybe because they have the most of the users and traffic. I updated the OS version recently from 6.3 (on last month).

Thanks!

1 REPLY

Re: Switch statistics

tx queuenot avail usually happens if the device on the other end is not fast enough to prcess the frames and therefore the buffer on the port begins to see drops.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content